This is a classic taste of Japanese summer. All over Japan market stalls sell this food at Summer Festivals. This big portion of noodles come with sachets of sweet yakisoba sauce, mayonnaise and Nori seaweed powder.
Yakisoba is traditionally a fried noodle, and unlike other ramen this pack needs to be drained of water before eating.
- Lift one corner of the lid.
- Add boiling water up to the line.
- Wait three minutes, then drain the water.
- Add the YakiSoba sauce and mix.
- Add mayonnaise and nori to taste.